Sunday, September 13, 2009

Blog #2

I personally think that nothing changed in the way of technology viewed by everyday people. In fact I wasn't even aware that the change from analog to digital had taken place. When I watch television now I can't tell the difference from before. I am aware that digital television is better with recordings and with the television quality, however I believe that socially people were mad about the switch. I remember when the switch from analog to digital was pushed back since not everyone was about to purchase the box needed for your television to work. I realize that the government made lots of money off of the switch, however I think that the general public doesn't seem to care. People who were unable to purchase the box couldn't understand why the switch needed to take place. Recently I was talking with a friend about the blog assignment I had due, and she informed me that she no longer has television due to the switch. I don't think that people see the rewards of digital so they are more upset with the consequences of the switch from analog.

No comments:

Post a Comment